EDI 810 Invoice
The EDI 810 Invoice is sent as request of payment for items acquired or services provided in response to receiving a purchase order (EDI 850).
If you need to send or receive EDI 810s, contact our team of EDI experts.
EDI 810 Invoice
What is an EDI 810 Invoice?
The EDI 810 Invoice is an electronic version of a paper-based invoice document that confirms an order has been shipped and can be used across various order types. EDI 810s are typically used by companies to automate the process of billing and payment for goods or services. The 810 sent in response to an EDI 850 Purchase Order as a request for payment once the order has been shipped or service has been provided.
Usually, after an EDI 810 is received, an EDI 997 Functional Acknowledgement is sent back from the buyer to indicate the 810 Invoice was received successfully.
How is an EDI 810 Invoice used?
After an order is shipped, a seller, like a manufacturer or distributor, will frequently send an EDI 810 to a buyer, like a retailer. The document indicates the order has been successfully delivered, and requests payment from the buyer as to close out the order.
Companies that use the EDI 810 may include:
- Wholesale distributors
- Service providers
- Government agencies
- Healthcare organizations
EDI 810 Format
Common information in the EDI 810 transaction includes (and may not be limited to):
- Date and invoice number
- Details about the Buyer, Seller, and Remittance
- Details of the order, including the item quantities and costs
- Additional fees, reductions, or allowances
- Sum total due
- Acceptable methods of payment
- Payment conditions Tax information, if relevant
Here is an EDI 810 Transaction within Cleo Integration Cloud
Example EDI 810 Transaction Exchange
1. First, An EDI 850 Purchase Order is sent from your trading partner (Lozier in this example) and received by your business
2. Second, your Cleo EDI Platform creates and sends an EDI 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgment to your trading partner to recognize that the EDI 850 Purchase Order was received.
3. Third, Cleo's cloud-based EDI platform generates an EDI 856 and sends the document to your trading partner, giving information on the contents of the shipment.
4. Fourth, Cleo Integration Cloud generates an automated EDI 810 invoice and sends the invoice to Lozier as a receipt for goods purchased.
5. Fifth, your trading partner sends an EDI 820 Order/Remittance to send the terms of the impending payment for goods purchased.
EDI 810 Specification
This X12 Transaction Set contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Invoice Transaction Set (810) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The transaction set can be used to provide for customary and established business and industry practice relative to the billing for goods and services provided.
Accredited Standards Committee X12. ASC X12 Standard [Table Data]. Data Interchange Standards Association, Inc., Falls Church, VA. https://x12.org/index.php/products/transaction-sets
Automate EDI / API Transactions
Eliminate manual integration flows by automating and orchestrating EDI and API-based transactions in an intuitive self-service, low-code development environment.
Not ready for self-service? Leverage Cleo’s Managed Services team to get you up and running.